The ARC JET S is a high-performance thumb compass with the Spectra speed dial graphics on the capsule. The Spectra pattern consists of reference marks and numbers, designed to simplify your orienteering. This compass has all the high-end qualities that you need for fast navigation while running.
- Silva Jet 2.0 needle - provides world class performance in needle speed and setting time and it offers outstanding reliability and stability.
- Arc wing design - gives extra support and stability.
- Attachable thumb plate for those who prefer the more classic thumb grip. Simply slide it on/off to the baseplate with a simple click.
- Robust material that withstands tough treatment and conditions.
- Tested and approved by Tove Alexandersson
- For more detailed map reading, you can get the Arc Zoom magnifier as an optional accessory. The Zoom is easily attached to the baseplate of your thumb compass. Due to its functional design it becomes well integrated with the compass.
- To store your compass between activities we recommend a compass case.
Spectra speed dial
Originating from the Silva Spectra System and developed to simplify your orienteering. The Spectra speed dial consists of reference markings and numbers on the capsule. You just need to memorize the number that the needle is pointing at after completing step 2 of the Silva 1-2-3 system and the sighting line will guide you in the right direction as long as the needle stays pointing at that number.
Designed like a clock, the speed dial is easy to read and memorize and enables you to move faster and more accurately while orienteering. - No matter if you are an elite or leisure orienteer - the Spectra speed dial will help you stay on the right direction at high speed while reducing mistakes.
Customize your Arc Jet
- Arc Jet comes with an attachable thumb plate for those who prefer the more classic thumb grip. Simply slide it on/off to the baseplate with a simple click. Just try it out and see what you like best.
- The thumb band comes in two versions – soft and firm. They are both included in the package.
- If you like to use scales on your compass for measuring distances on the orienteering map – Arc Jet comes with scale stickers that can be attached to the baseplate (1:15000, 1:10000, 1:7500, 1:4000).
THE SILVA ORIENTEERING COMPASS RANGE
The original since 1933
Compasses are our heritage and Silva compasses have long been the first choice among orienteers around the world. With the new orienteering compass range from Silva, it is easier to stay ahead of competition. Developed with almost 90 years of experience, and in collaboration with the best in the sport (tested and approved by Tove Alexandersson) - it provides an unmatched needle stability when you are on the move to complete your mission - being first to the next checkpoint.
ARC JET THUMB COMPASS SERIES
The high-performance Arc Jet thumb compasses are perfect for the orienteer, adventure race athlete, and you who needs a fast, stable needle and clear map visibility for quick navigation while running.
The Silva Jet 2.0 needle provides world class performance in needle speed and settling time, and it offers outstanding reliability and stability.
The thumb baseplate has a cut-out to provide perfect contact between thumb and map, while the in-vative Arc wing design gives extra support and stability. The baseplate and the capsule are made of highly durable material to withstand tough handling and the material and design provides even more transparency than its predecessor – thus increasing map visibility.
The improved thumb band is easy to adjust and makes the compass fit comfortably on your hand.
The SILVA thumb compasses come as either left or right version. The left version is placed on your left hand, which is the most used. Choose compass based on your personal preferences.
Arc Jet is the compass-series if you are looking for the most advanced and high performing thumb compasses there is on the market. Arc Jet has a clean and fixed capsule without fuss, Arc Jet S has the Spectra system on the capsule, and if you prefer a rotatable capsule, you should go for the Arc Jet 360. Since compass preferences are very individual, the Arc Jet series also include two compact models with the same capsule as the originals, but with smaller thumb plates – Arc Jet C and Arc Jet CS (Spectra). The Arc Jet OMC is attached to the wrist. Choose the one that suits your needs and preferences.
- Magnetic North
You might also like